|Posted 2/27/15: LA HAP staff are currently reviewing client applications received on January 9th, 2015.|
WHAT IS ADAP?
ADAP stands for AIDS Drug Assistance Programs which is a funding source available through the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) that can be used to provide access to medications for uninsured individuals and assistance with cost shares for insured individuals. Louisiana receives ADAP funds from HRSA and still provides medication and insurance services with these funds.
WHAT IS LA HAP (pronounced "lah-hap")?
LA HAP stands for Louisiana Health Access Program and is the program funded by the ADAP dollars that Louisiana receives from HRSA. By applying to LA HAP, members may be eligible for assistance with drug and insurance cost. Assistance is provided through two LA HAP programs know as LDAP and HIP.
• LDAP stands for LOUISIANA DRUG ASSISTANCE PROGRAM and covers drug costs for uninsured individuals as well as drug copays, coinsurances, & deductibles for insured individuals.
• HIP stands for the HEALTH INSURANCE PROGRAM and covers insurance plan premiums as well as non-drug copays, coinsurances, & deductibles for insured individuals.
A SINGLE APPLICATION is used to apply for all services.
LA HAP STAFF
The staff that make up LA HAP are those individuals at the
Program (SHP) who process LA HAP applications.
Previously known as your ADAP Staff we are:
• Jennifer Carlos Gomez, ADAP Coordinator, 504-568-5448
• Heather Weaver, TAB Coordinator, 504-568-5489
• Erin Jensen, Client Services Specialist, 504-568-3623
• Jan Mandani, Client Services Specialist, 504-680-9403
• Rosaline Morgan, Client Services Specialist, 504-568-8746
HOW DO I ENROLL?
To enroll in LA HAP contact a case manager at your local
community based organization (CBO), a social
services staff person at the LSU medical center, or LA HAP staff
directly to complete an application.
WHAT IF I HAVE MORE QUESTIONS?
If you have more questions give us a call at 504-568-7474 or send us an email at